Unrivalled professional level control at a breakthrough price point. The PodBlaster is an entry-level digital audio processor desiged for podcasters, broadcast studios, news booths and programme production applications can also be used for dual ('main' and 'guest') microphone processing. Analogue and digital inputs and outputs, GUI set-up via USB and no fewer than nine pre-set audio profiles. 'Easy-Mode' GUI makes for easy set-up for exactly the right results, even for beginners!
- Powerful, yet unobtrusive level control
- Simple, easy-to-use GUI programme for setup via PC and USB
- Great audio quality. The same superb DSP module used in our professional ALPS range
- Factory presets deliver exactly the results you need for any application …fast
- Cost-effective yet with balanced analogue I/O and S-PDIF digital I/O
- Desktop case; Half-width 1-U rack size, two can be rack-mounted side by side with optional rack mounting kit.
- Bright, Always-Visible LED bargraphs for audio confidence checks
- Low audio latency (2.2 - 4 milliseconds), fast boot-up (<1 second).
- Stereo or Dual-Mono
- 96 or 88.2kHz native mode processing avoids multiple unnecessary rate conversions
|Frequency Response ||DIGITAL-DIGITAL: 20Hz-20kHz +/-0.1dB |
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE: 30Hz-20kHz +/-0.5dB
|Noise ||DIGITAL-DIGITAL (rms 20Hz-20kHz): <-117dBFS |
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE: (rms 20Hz-20kHz): <-83dB ref: Limit point +8dBu
|Distortion ||DIGITAL-DIGITAL (6dB limiting): <-100dB / 0.001% THD |
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE (6dB limiting): <-80dB / 0.01% THD
|Stereo Separation (L/R crosstalk) ||DIGITAL-DIGITAL (at 3kHz): <-117dB |
ANALOGUE-ANALOGUE (at 3kHz): <-82dB
|Inputs ||ANALOGUE: Balanced, 10k (bridging),1/4 Jack [TRS]. Standard operating level -6dBu to +14dBu (+22dBu clip point) |
DIGITAL: S-PDIF (RCA/Phono); 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz sample rate. 16, 20, or 24 bits.
|Outputs ||ANALOGUE: Balanced, ž” jack [TRS]. Standard operating level -6dBu to +18dBu |
DIGITAL: S-PDIF (RCA/Phono); full input rate / half input rate and 88.2 / 96kHz selectable.
|Processing blocks ||High-pass filter: Can be set between 3Hz and 110Hz |
Gated AGC: Capture range +/-20dB; maximum positive gain can be set.
Advanced AGC enables faster, programme-dependent operation. Defeatable.
Compressor: Nominal 1.5:1 slope and 4dB maximum boost of low levels. Defeatable.
Wide-band Limiter: Zero overshoot 1.3ms look-ahead zero clipping. Defeatable.
HF Limiter: Protects 50us or 75us emphasis curve for FM broadcast applications. Defeatable.
|Control ||Setup is via PC only (GUI software supplied) and USB port (USB is on rear panel). |
Select a factory preset, modify it for less or more processing, set levels etc, save to Flash memory.
Simplified operation of GUI (’Easy Mode’) does not require any expert knowledge.
Every processing parameter, including all thresholds and time constants, can also be accessed and modified under PC control if desired for ‘Expert Mode’ setup.
|Power ||5V DC / 6 Watts. External 110V or 230V AC PSU supplied. |
|Dimensions & weight ||44 x 217 x 228mm deep / 1.75” x 6.5” x 9” deep. Weight: 1kg / 2.2lbs |
|Warranty ||1 year return-to-base warranty |
|Approvals ||CE (EMC and LVD), RoHS |
Perceived loudness, dynamic range, peak level; suitable for all situations where some combination of these three must be unobtrusively controlled.
- Produces that smooth professional sound… without breaking the bank!
- Ends listener annoyance and ‘tune-out’ due to sloppy levels
- Allows every presenter the freedom to concentrate on the content
- Improves audibility and clarity of any programme
- Eliminates overload distortion and damage forever
- Audio level ‘auto-pilot’ for Podcasting
- Outside Broadcasts, news booths, sports, unattended studios and remotes
- Cable and IP TV head-end [with optional rack-mount kit]
- STL, digital codec, PA and monitor overload protection
- Audio streaming and archiving