This unit comes pre-installed with the LT-USB option. Ideal for quick connect and portable applications, the LT-USB allows up to 16 input and output channels at up to 96 kHz, and 8 channels at 192 kHz. When used with popular recording, audio production and mastering applications, the LT-USB allows Aurora's compact size to be an integral part of a compact mobile studio.
The Aurora(n) converters represent the culmination of years of research and development dedicated to significantly improving upon the well-regarded Lynx Aurora used by professionals around the world. Aurora(n) significantly improves upon the spectacular performance and specifications the world has come to expect from the well-regarded Lynx Aurora line ? all in a single rack-space. Providing an even greater level of wide-open, uncompressed and unequalized audio for studios, mastering facilities, remote recording, broadcast, live performance and production installations, these Aurora(n) converters set a new standard in analog to digital and digital to analog conversion. Leveraging technology that was previously reserved for the Lynx Hilo combined with the latest FPGA processors, the Aurora(n) achieves the pinnacle of transparency and low distortion and noise.
- Complete redesign integrates Hilo Converter Technology (HCT) for analog I/O to achieve significant improvements in transparency and reductions of both noise and distortion
- Available in 8-channel, 16-channel, 24-channel and 32-channel con gurations
- LSlot expansion slot for Thunderbolt, Dante, USB, ProTools|HD connectivity and more
- Configurable I/O - pre-amp, summing & AES3+ADAT modules coming soon
- Up to 32-channels of real-time recording and playback via on-board card
- Two audiophile-grade headphone outputs
- 1 in/3 out Word clock I/O with Lynx exclusive second generation SynchroLock-2 sample clock technology
- Universal power supply
- Designed and built in the USA
- One USB Device port, using USB 2.0 protocol
- Class compliant USB Audio 2.0 high speed card
- Field upgradable over USB
- Supports 16 I/O channels at 96 kHz (Aurora 16), 8 I/O channels at 192 kHz (Aurora 8). All bidirectional.
- Compatible with Macintosh OS X 10.6.4 and up
- Compatible with Windows Vista / 7 / 8, 32 and 64 bit drivers
- Utilizes Lynx Studio Technology's proprietary SynchroLock? technology to virtually eliminate USB bus jitter when slaving Aurora to USB
- Easily installed into Aurora
- Controlled from the Aurora Remote Control (ARC) application that ships with LT-USB
- US Suggested Retail Price $395. RoHS compliant
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
A converter for now and for the future
The Aurora's future-proof design is expanded in the Aurora(n). New enhancements and capabilities will be made available through firmware upgrades. LSlot expansion slots allow for a wide array of current connectivity options to include Thunderbolt, Dante, ProTools|HD, USB and future formats. Expandable audio I/O modules are being developed to include pre amp, analog summing, digital I/O (AES3 + ADAT) which will be available soon. This makes for an Aurora(n) that will perform exceptionally for you now and remain innovative well into the future.
Also added to the line are two audiophile-grade headphone outs with independent volume control. A 480 X 128 TFT LCD display provides immediate access to all levels and functions ? also configurable for future functionality.