This unit comes pre-installed with the LT-HD option. The LT-HD allows Lynx converters to be used in all current ProTools|HD systems. Connected via Digilink cables to HD Core, Accel Core, HDX or Native cards, Pro Tools recognizes the Aurora/Hilo converter and controls all input and output functions, clocking, routing and other settings.ßThe new LT-HDx firmware update for the LT-HD card allows current and new Aurora owners to get the most out of their Pro Tools HDX or Native equipped studio. Emulation of the HD I/O delay allows the ability to use Lynx and Avid hardware in the same system with sample accuracy.
The Aurora(n) converters represent the culmination of years of research and development dedicated to significantly improving upon the well-regarded Lynx Aurora used by professionals around the world. Aurora(n) significantly improves upon the spectacular performance and specifications the world has come to expect from the well-regarded Lynx Aurora line ? all in a single rack-space. Providing an even greater level of wide-open, uncompressed and unequalized audio for studios, mastering facilities, remote recording, broadcast, live performance and production installations, these Aurora(n) converters set a new standard in analog to digital and digital to analog conversion. Leveraging technology that was previously reserved for the Lynx Hilo combined with the latest FPGA processors, the Aurora(n) achieves the pinnacle of transparency and low distortion and noise.
- Complete redesign integrates Hilo Converter Technology (HCT) for analog I/O to achieve significant improvements in transparency and reductions of both noise and distortion
- Available in 8-channel, 16-channel, 24-channel and 32-channel con gurations
- LSlot expansion slot for Thunderbolt, Dante, USB, ProTools|HD connectivity and more
- Configurable I/O - pre-amp, summing & AES3+ADAT modules coming soon
- Up to 32-channels of real-time recording and playback via on-board card
- Two audiophile-grade headphone outputs
- 1 in/3 out Word clock I/O with Lynx exclusive second generation SynchroLock-2 sample clock technology
- Universal power supply
- Designed and built in the USA
- One Primary and one Expansion DigiLink port
- Up to 32 channels of analog and digital I/O per HD Core or Accel Core, HDX or Native card possible with one Aurora 16
- Supports full channel count at sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Offers audio signal latency identical to that of the Avid HD I/O? for accurate delay compensation within Pro Tools - no manual delay adjustments required
- Allows I/O functions for parameter control to be controlled and monitored within ProTools
- Interfaces with HD system using standard DigiLink cables
- Allows daisy-chaining of multiple Aurora converters and other DigiLink devices via Expansion port
- Lynx proprietary SynchroLock? technology can be used to reduce jitter when Aurora or Hilo is a clock slave or to provide stable, low jitter clock to downstream devices
- Easily installed into Aurora or Hilo
- RoHS compliant
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
A converter for now and for the future
The Aurora's future-proof design is expanded in the Aurora(n). New enhancements and capabilities will be made available through firmware upgrades. LSlot expansion slots allow for a wide array of current connectivity options to include Thunderbolt, Dante, ProTools|HD, USB and future formats. Expandable audio I/O modules are being developed to include pre amp, analog summing, digital I/O (AES3 + ADAT) which will be available soon. This makes for an Aurora(n) that will perform exceptionally for you now and remain innovative well into the future.
Also added to the line are two audiophile-grade headphone outs with independent volume control. A 480 X 128 TFT LCD display provides immediate access to all levels and functions ? also configurable for future functionality.