- More Information
- Competitive Price
ACCESS PORTABLE was designed for fast and easy connections in the field via a wide variety of data connections regardless of whether in the hands of "non-technical" personnel or seasoned remote "road warriors." Complete with a 7-hour Lithium-Ion battery with built-in charger and combined with an integrated CardBus slot for wireless IP cards and modems, ACCESS PORTABLE will allow you connect from virtually anywhere! Your remotes will never be the same.
- Uses BRIC technology to deliver broadcast audio over the public Internet
- User interface via integrated LCD/touch screen for display menus and metering
- Web browser included for connection to Wi-Fi access points that require log-in
- Built-in Ethernet port
- Built-in rechargeable battery supplies 7 hours of talk-time (5 hours with mixer)
- Connection to a wide range of data networks via integral Cardbus slot including:
- Modem Connections
- 3G Cellular Links
- Wi-Fi or Wi-Max Access cards
- ACCESS Portable includes a CardBus-style 802.11b,g,n Wi-Fi Card and 56k POTS modem card
- Ethernet port acts as Internet sharing device, allowing use of laptops on circuits utilizing Cardbus cards
- Backward compatibility to Comrex POTS codecs
- Optional MPEG 4/AAC algorithms available for extremely high quality audio. For details, visit the AAC page
- Optional Mixer provides up to 6 Mono inputs/headphone outputs as wells as stereo inputs when connected to ACCESS Portable
- Optional custom cases are available to protect your ACCESS Portable from the rigors of the road
|Mono In||3-pin XLR female, pin 1 ground, pin 2 +, pin 3 –|
|Stereo Line In||1/8” (3.5mm) female, tip=left, ring=right, sleeve=gnd|
|Line Out||1/8” (3.5mm) female, tip=left, ring=right, sleeve=gnd|
|Headphone Out||1/8” (3.5mm) female, tip=left, ring=right, sleeve=gnd|
|Mobile In/Out||1/8” (3.5mm) female, tip=send, ring=receive, sleeve=gnd|
|Audio Specifications - Mono Input|
|Impedance ||Mic: 20k Ohms (pins 2-3) |
Line: 200k Ohms (pins 2-3)
|Level||Mic: -60 dBu nominal|
-15 dBu max Line: 0 dBu nominal
+20 dBu max
|Audio Specifications - Stereo Input|
|Impedance||9k Ohms (tip to sleeve, or ring to sleeve)|
|Level||-10 dBu nominal, +10 dBu max|
|Audio Specifications - Line Output|
|Impedance||0 Ohms (tip to sleeve, or ring to sleeve)|
|Level||Normal: -10 dBu nominal |
Professional: 0 dBu nominal
|Serial||8-pin DIN female|
|Contact Closures||9-pin DIN female|
|USB||USB Type A|
|Ethernet||8-pin modular, 100BASE-T wiring|
|Power||5-pin DIN female, pins 3+5 +15V, pins 2+4 ground|
|Power & Physical|
|Voltage AC||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz|
|Power||24 Watts with all peripherals|
|Size (w/ battery)||4.75" W (12.1 cm), 8.25" D (21 cm), 2.5" H (6.35 cm)|
|Weight (w/ battery)||2.2 lbs (1.0 kg)|
Broadcasters have long dreamed of complete flexibility and ultimate mobility for remote broadcasts without having to lug around unwieldy racks of gear or clumsy setups too difficult to configure in the field. ACCESS PORTABLE delivers in a sleek, compact, handheld unit capable of sending mono, stereo or dual mono audio over POTS, DSL, Cable, Wi-Fi, 3G cellular (EVDO/UMTS), satellite - plus some services you may not have even heard of.
ACCESS will work on a wide variety of wired and wireless data circuits, including:
- Wired Ethernet Networks - Cable, DSL, T1, T3, etc.
- Wireless Networks - 802.11b,g,n WiFi
- 3G / 4G Cellular Data Networks - EVDO, UMTS, WiMax
- Satellite Terminals
- POTS Analog Telephone Lines
- Public Internet - Uses Revolutionary BRIC Technology, designed to overcome the innate unreliability of the public Internet
ACCESS is also a full-featured POTS codec:
- Use ACCESS to make a POTS-to-POTS connection. Dial up a Comrex POTS codec (including Matrix, Vector or BlueBox).
- You can deliver 15 kHz Stereo on a single POTS line when connecting to another ACCESS.
BRIC technology can also deliver wideband audio over 3G cellular data networks like EVDO and UMTS, as well as the increasing number of publicly available Wi-Fi hotspots. ACCESS Portable has a built-in CardBus slot for easy connection to data cards supporting these services. For a list of tested 3G wireless cards, click here.
No IT Guy Needed
OK, that may be overstating the case a little bit, but there has never been an IP codec as easy to use as ACCESS. ACCESS Portable is designed for fast and easy connections, no matter what kind of IP circuit you have available. The integrated PDA-style screen will guide even your most "non-technical" user through the simple steps required to connect. And even if that proves too challenging, ACCESS Portable can be preconfigured to auto connect on "power up" thereby minimizing setup time in the field.
ACCESS—The Smart Codec
Using BRIC technology means you won't have to mess with ACCESS advanced settings. The sophisticated engine of ACCESS is clever enough to assess circuit conditions and adapt on the fly without user intervention. ACCESS is constantly working to compensate for deficits in the quality of service, so no one has to hear how bad the public Internet can be. For the technically advanced, the menus are there. So, if you are a power user, you can configure ACCESS to be whatever you need. You can increase the delay cushion or twiddle the "frames per packet" to your heart's content. But isn't it great to know that you probably will never need to? ACCESS—The Powerful Codec Whatever the audio transmission job, whatever the circuit, ACCESS has a mode for you. From linear mono or stereo audio to an ultra-low bit rate algorithm, there is a wide range of audio choices to fit virtually any programming need.
Audio Connections and Other Features:
- Mic/Line switchable mono input on balanced XLR with adjustable volume control
- Mic input offers switchable 12v phantom power
- Stereo headphone output on 1/8" (3mm) mini jack with adjustable volume control
- Stereo analog line level inputs/outputs on unbalanced 1/8" (3mm) mini jacks
- "Hands free" cellular connection on 1/8" (3mm) mini jack
- Type II CardBus slot for use with modem and wireless cards
- Audio level meters available via integrated LCD interface
- RJ45 Ethernet connector
- DIN connector for serial ancillary data
- DIN connector for Contact closures (4)
- Multi-pin connector for optional mixer
Dale Pro Audio guarantees that our prices will be competitive and that shopping with us will always be a great value.
If you've found a deal that looks better than ours, we want to hear from you!
Product Rating: (0.00) # of Ratings: 0 Click Here to rate this product|
There are no comments for this product. CLICK HERE to be the first one to share your opinion!