- More Information
- Competitive Price
360 Systems' new DigiCart/E Ethernet Audio recorder builds on a decade of experience gained delivering DigiCart II recorders to television broadcasters. DigiCart/E is more than an improvement on the digital cart machine concept — it's the foundation of the new, high-performance, Ethernet Audio system for television broadcasters.
DigiCart/E is 100% compatible with earlier DigiCart recorders, can play files produced on them, and uses similar front panel commands.
A key feature of the 360 Systems' Ethernet Audio network is the link to Mac and PC-based audio workstations. Audio programs produced on DAWs can be easily accessed for playback on DigiCart/E.
Networked Audio Without the Computer
No computer and no mouse — just the hands-on efficiency of real buttons for all operations. DigiCart/E is designed from the ground up for broadcast professionals. It's fast, straightforward, and easy to use.
DigiCart/E Works the Same Way as DigiCart II
Everyone who knows how to use DigiCart II will know how to use DigiCart/E. It brings better displays, better screen messages, and new networking features, with the same familiar buttons.
Complete File Compatibility with DigiCart II
All earlier DigiCart files can be played – whether Dolby AC-2, 16-bit linear, 44.1 or 48K – so valuable program content and archives can be carried forward. DigiCart/E can also create new files for use in DigiCart II, so earlier hardware investments remain a valid part of any new facility.
|Quantization||16 or 24-bit, linear PCM|
|Native File Formats||WAV, DigiCart II Linear and Dolby AC-2|
|Data Reduction||Optional; Dolby AC-2, 48K stereo|
|Bandwidth||10Hz to 21 kHz ±0.2 dB @ 48K sample rate|
|Sampling Frequencies||44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K stereo pairs|
|Dynamic Range||116 dB typical|
|Signal-to-Noise||116 dB typical|
|Inter-channel Phase Deviation||<0.1 degree at 15kHz|
|Inter-channel Crosstalk||>90 dB at any frequency|
Make Digital Transfers to the New DigiCart/E
- The standard 100MB Zip disks for DigiCart II still move files back and forth to DigiCart/E. DigiCart/E's newer 250MB Zip drive also writes 100MB disks.
- The original D-NET file transfer protocol using AES ports has been maintained, making it easy to move valuable files into the new DigiCart/E.
- AES/EBU ports perform digital machine-to-machine transfers. DigiCart's 75-ohm AES ports on BNC connectors can transfer files as far as 1,000 feet.
New Editing Tools
DigiCart/E provides a faster way to edit audio. The weighted front-panel jog wheel moves rapidly back and forth, making it easy to place marks or set time points. DigiCart/E offers these non-destructive editing features:
- Head trims
- Tail trims
- Pre-roll time
- Gain change
Edits can always be undone, and trim points can be easily changed for a future re-edit of the cut. DigiCart/E provides clear indications of edit points and the present location within a cut.
File Interchange with Digital Audio Workstations
The new DigiCart/E employs wave files (.WAV) as a new native format, and supports broadcast wave (.BWF) extensions. It is compatible with most popular workstations, including Pro Tools®. Using Ethernet as the file-exchange medium, DAW files can be exported in .WAV format to the 360 Systems' Ethernet Audio™ server, where they are immediately available from any DigiCart/E terminal.
Local Audio Storage Plus Network Storage
DigiCart/E provides an important extra level of reliability by storing important audio files on its own local hard drive, separate from the file server. For example, by optionally copying files to a DigiCart/E, playback is virtually guaranteed, regardless of the status of the audio network. Redundancy is a key part of the system design. For example, should a file commonly used by Master Control be lost on the file server, it could be played from the local hard drive on Master Control's DigiCart.
New Audio Standards for Television Production and Broadcast
- 24-Bit Audio Quality - DigiCart/E’s 24-bit audio circuit design approaches 120 dB of dynamic range from the analog inputs. Our Bit-for-Bit™ digital design also maintains 24-bit integrity through AES ports, assuring error-free reproduction not only of standard PCM files, but also of Dolby AC-3 or Dolby-E recordings.
- Sample Rate Compatibility - Although most users will work at a 48 kHz sample rate, DigiCart/E is equally adept at 44.1, 88.2 and 96k. The high-quality sample rate converter can be positioned at either machine input or output, permitting conversion of any sample rate to 48K, or any other rate. Now 44.1, 88.2, and 96k music masters received from compact disks or an audio workstation can be changed to standard 48K broadcast files.
- Word-Length Compatibility - DigiCart/E plays files of any word length – 16, 20, or 24-bit. In addition to recording new material at 24-bits, it can also deliver 16-bit digital audio for compatibility with DAT machines or earlier DigiCart recorders.
- Mixed File Types Allowed - DigiCart/E can store audio in many different formats, and play them consecutively without changing machine setup. Any desired output format, such as 48K—16-bit, can be selected, regardless of how the original file was recorded.
High-Speed Transfers Through Ethernet Audio
When it's time to actually move a file to or from the server, the Ethernet Audio network can move files many times faster than real-time.
Serial and GPI Control
A variety of serial and parallel ports adapt DigiCart/E to most facilities:
- An RS-422 serial port operates with standard ES-Bus protocols; it is compatible with most automation systems, with DigiCart II, and with our new RC-Series remote controls. It also supports Peripheral Bus "E-Mem" commands, giving DigiCart/E direct control by popular video switchers.
- Five optically isolated GPI inputs provide control of play, stop, record, pause, and loop. These conform to the DigiCart II connector for easy upgrades.
DigiCart/E Uses a Time-Proven User Interface
DigiCart recorders are hands-on machines. Its physical buttons, knobs and display make it a good choice for fast-paced operations, with direct access to frequently-used functions. The new DigiCart/E continues a eleven-year industry operating standard. Most users will never open the Operations Manual to make full use of DigiCart/E.
- Instant access and playout of audio from anywhere in a broadcast facility
- Same familiar operations as DigiCart II Plus
- File interchange with DigiCart II via Zip disk, D-Net, AES/EBU or linear transfer
- Utilizes popular .WAV files as a native format
- Record and playback to local drives, or to the network file server
- Hot Keys for instant-playback of audio clips, local or network
- Over 19 hours of 48K stereo storage on the internal hard drive
- 100Mb/s Ethernet interface to the network file server for fast audio transfers
- 250 MB Zip drive for import/export
- LCD displays 7 lines of text, 40 characters in length
- 24-bit A/D, D/A converters
- Read/write Dolby AC-2 data format (use is optional)
- Sample rates: 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K
- Sample Rate Converter can generate any output sample rate from stored files
- AES/EBU Digital I/O on XLR-3 connectors
- IEC-958 Type II digital I/O on BNC connectors (consumer)
- Line level analog input and output on XLR-3 connectors
- Output level trims on rear panel
- 14-segment LED level meters with clip indication
- Threshold record trigger
- Headphone jack with level control
- Sync sources include internal crystals, AES-3, S/P DIF, AES-11 (black)
- Alphanumeric keyboard connector
- Cordless infrared alphanumeric keyboard (optional)
- RS-422/485 remote port on DB-9 connector
- Supports DigiCart II ES-Bus serial protocols
- Supports Peripheral Bus (E-Mem) serial commands
- Supports RC-230 remote control
- Five GPI inputs with tally output, DB-25 connector
- Internal 20 GB hard drive
- Playlisting, local or network
- Software updates via Zip disk or network transfer
- Operation from 115 or 230 volts
- Compact 2U high x 19"wide for rack or table-top use
Dale Pro Audio guarantees that our prices will be competitive and that shopping with us will always be a great value.
If you've found a deal that looks better than ours, we want to hear from you!
Product Rating: (0.00) # of Ratings: 0 Click Here to rate this product|
There are no comments for this product. CLICK HERE to be the first one to share your opinion!