Integrated Digital Audio Workstation Control Console
The next step in the evolution of control surface technology is in Dale's Demo Room NOW!
Euphonix control surfaces are now supported natively with Pro Tools 9, meaning there's no need for HUI mode anymore, and all mappable Pro Tools functions automatically assign.
Finally a real, open architecture recording, mixing, and editing control surface that supports simultaneous control of multiple audio and video workstations and multiple audio and video software applications. Choose the workstation hardware, the applications, the I/O, and the server to exactly fit the studio’s needs and budget. We can help package complete systems from a variety of manufacturers.
Dale is the only authorized dealer for Euphonix System 5-MC on the east coast, so...
call our sales professionals at 888.462.7828
or e-mail at email@example.com
Control Multiple Workstations
The System 5-MC is a DAW controller with a difference, a big difference. It can control multiple workstations simultaneously at the push of a button. Control is via high-speed Ethernet using a combination of the Euphonix EuCon control protocol, HUI, Mackie Control and SmartSwitch control depending on the application. Switch workstations and the console surface switches to match, picking up where you left off.
Control Multiple Applications
The surface switches to match the current application - the one that is up front - so you can speed up operation with any application including video edit applications.
A Real Mixing Console
The System 5-MC is not just an ordinary controller, it’s a professional mixing surface based on the successful Euphonix System 5 design, which is used by top facilities around the world. Each strip has 8 touch sensitive knobs, high quality moving faders, dual hi-res LED meters next to the fader and a TFT color screen at the top for metering, display of EQ and pans as well as showing track names and parameter values. When you need to mix, let the System 5-MC free you from the tweek mode so you can sit back and mix as if you were on a traditional console.
More than a Keyboard & Mouse
Sit down at the System 5-MC and you can work immediately using the full sized keyboard and trackball but there is more, much, much, more.... The MC Media Application Controller that sits in the center includes 56 LCD SmartSwitches, 4 faders (or 2 joysticks), jog wheel, monitoring section, and touch screen for the ultimate in software application control. The MC is designed for total fast action control – taking the power of yourapplications to the next level.
Audio Post - Music - Video - Mastering
The System 5-MC does not restrict operation just to one DAW or application, the control surface can be switched to manage any software application for recording, editing, mixing both audio and video. Affordable System 5-MC is priced for professional project music studios and audio post facilities at a price that is affordable and in-line with other large format controllers.
Use whatever I/O, sample rate and bit-depth your workstation supports. Euphonix offers a line of converters based around AES 10 MADI (up to 56 channels down a single coax). Several manufacturers make MADI PCI cards allowing 56 in and outs from each PCI card using only two cables. Euphonix can also supply the SH612, a 768x768 stand-alone MADI router for more complex applications and for multiple workstation audio switching as shown above.
SmartSwitches above the shuttle wheel showing custom icons for favorite functions - the MC includes a library of icons or they can be designed in any bitmap application. Each of the 10 switches above the left and right trackball/wheel can be programmed in different colors - green for play, red for record, orange for normal functions etc.
System 5-MC Main FeaturesSystem 5-MC channel strips are operationally compatible with standard System 5 consoles including moving fader, 8 touch sensitive knobs and TFT displays.The 8 touch sensitive knobs may easily be configured to control EQ, dynamics, pan, aux sends, routing or any plug-ins.High-resolution multi-format metering at the top of each channel on the TFT displayLong-throw 100mm touch sensitive moving fadersHigh-resolution stereo LCD metering next to each faderAny track may be brought up to any channel strip on the surface and saved as ‘Layouts’ for easy recall – for example drums, vocals, sound effectsSurround sound sources such as a 5.1 track may be controlled from a single strip.Full MC center section with twin joysticks or 4 additional fadersModular frame – two models availableStudio Monitor Pro ASIO and Core Audio based monitoring software for surround sound monitor matrix, control room speakers, SLS and foldback outputs (all up to 5.1)Integral control of Apple’s Logic Pro via the EuCon protocolIntegral control of Steinberg’s Nuendo featuring the Nuendo EuCon adaptor via the EuCon protocolMigration path to System 5-MC/Nuendo from Cubase SX3.Support for Merging’s Pyramix via OASIS & EuCon protocolsSupports HUI and Mackie Control for Pro Tools, Digital Performer, and Final Cut Pro HDAny audio and video hardware and I/O supported by the DAW application may be usedConnectivity to the Euphonix range of converters and Euphonix high-end consoles via PCI MADI cards.Proven Euphonix hardware and user interface used by hundreds of professionals worldwideProfessional personal supportFully modular for easy expansion in the field
- Long-throw 100mm touch sensitive moving fader
- 4-character dual designation displays showing track names above fader
System 5-MC Main Features
- System 5-MC channel strips are operationally compatible with standard System 5 consoles including moving fader, 8 touch sensitive knobs and TFT displays.
- The 8 touch sensitive knobs may easily be configured to control EQ, dynamics, pan, aux sends, routing or any plug-ins.
- High-resolution multi-format metering at the top of each channel on the TFT display
- Long-throw 100mm touch sensitive moving faders
- High-resolution stereo LCD metering next to each fader
- Any track may be brought up to any channel strip on the surface and saved as ‘Layouts’ for easy recall – for example drums, vocals, sound effects
- Surround sound sources such as a 5.1 track may be controlled from a single strip.
- Full MC center section with twin joysticks or 4 additional faders
- Modular frame – two models available
- Studio Monitor Pro ASIO and Core Audio based monitoring software for surround sound monitor matrix, control room speakers, SLS and foldback outputs (all up to 5.1)
- Integral control of Apple’s Logic Pro via the EuCon protocol
- Integral control of Steinberg’s Nuendo featuring the Nuendo EuCon adaptor via the EuCon protocol
- Migration path to System 5-MC/Nuendo from Cubase SX3.
- Support for Merging’s Pyramix via OASIS & EuCon protocols
- Supports HUI and Mackie Control for Pro Tools, Digital Performer, and Final Cut Pro HD
- Any audio and video hardware and I/O supported by the DAW application may be used
- Connectivity to the Euphonix range of converters and Euphonix high-end consoles via PCI MADI cards.
- Proven Euphonix hardware and user interface used by hundreds of professionals worldwide
- Professional personal support
- Fully modular for easy expansion in the field
Channel Strip Features
The System 5-MC channel strips can control any Logic Pro, Nuendo or Pyramix track via EuCon, or Pro Tools, Digital Performer & Final Cut Pro via HUI & Mackie Control.
- 100mm long-throw touch-sensitive moving faders.
- Dual high-resolution LED meters, for levels and automation, next to each fader.
- 4-character dual designation displays showing track names above fader (12-14 character on the TFT channel screen).
- On, solo, automation mode, input monitoring, attention, record and swap switches.
- 8 touch-sensitive rotary controls per channel with LED display rings and 4-character designation displays. Each knobset has select, on and automation switches and automation status LEDs. Knobs can control any channel processing including plug-ins.
Multiple Levels of Control
- High-resolution TFT displays at the top of each channel showing metering, processor graphs (for EQ and pan), routing, 12-14 character channel name designations and status.
- Keyboard and Trackball
- Simple programmable keystroke commands via the SmartSwitches
- HUI and Mackie Control command protocol over Ethernet for control of DAWs and video editors including Pro Tools, Digital Performer, and Final Cut Studio HD.
- High speed networked control of EuCon aware applications such as the Logic Pro, Nuendo and Pyramix Digital Audio Workstations.
Studio Monitor Pro
The MC includes a powerful monitoring application for a professional monitoring solution within the workstation.
The MC includes monitoring controls situated in the top left of the surface. Studio Monitor Pro software resides on the application workstation, or a 2nd dedicated monitoring workstation, and controls the way audio is routed between applications that support ASIO or Core Audio hardware and the I/O hardware itself.
All applications send their audio outputs through the Studio Monitor Pro application, which acts as a monitoring and routing system. The Studio Monitor Pro outputs feed directly into the workstation’s audio hardware I/O and are controlled from the MC surface providing the workstation with a professional surround sound monitor matrix and supporting multiple speaker outputs (dependent on the I/O hardware) each with level, cut, dim, and formats up to 5.1.
The Touch screen
A high-resolution (1024x768) touch screen is situated just above the keyboard for file management and for programming the various functions of the System 5-MC.
Areas of the screen are reserved for permanent display of filenames, transport state, fader labels and the main menu. Each section of the MC includes a ‘setup’ button which brings up a setup screen for that section of the surface.
The touch screen has the following screens:
- Multiple Workstation setup and selection
- File management
- Track selection and management
- Flip for swapping System 5-MC faders and knobs
- Soft Key setup for function assign and keyboard command assign to the SmartSwitches
- System setup and preferences
- Edit Control banks, Soft Key banks, User Sets and Application
- Sets can all be named, stored, recalled, renamed, and deleted.
- Layouts are available via the touch screen for setting the faders to control different sections of a DAW console or for assigning any combination of tracks to the faders
MC Faders or Joysticks & Workstation Select Switches
Two options are available for the upper right hand area of the MC. The stand-alone version is usually fitted with 4 faders. The MC supplied in a System 5-MC usually includes a pair of joysticks.
The faders are the same high quality professional long-throw faders found on the System 5 console and can be used for control of track levels in EuCon or HUI applications. The same applies to the Joysticks which can also be used for panning or other control functions including shuttle, zoom level and view position. The metering LEDS to the left of the faders can show audio levels from EuCon, HUI or Mackie Control aware applications. On, Solo and Record keys operate on the selected tracks.
Six Strip Control buttons associated with the faders facilitate selecting tracks to faders for both the MC and channel strip faders. Nudge and Bank move the faders up or down the tracks being controlled.
To the top right are a set of keys that can be used to select Ethernet control from the System 5-MC to one of four workstations.
|Also available is the MC Pro, the heart of the System 5-MC, without the fader banks and meter bridges.|
|And don't forget about the Artist Series, available online:|
Call our sales professionals at 888.462.7828 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.